A2 RIHALA #20: Piracy In The World Today?!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Smithton
March 2nd 2013
Published: March 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. Piracy does continue to exist in the modern world. Some piracy that was found is mostly in Somalia. These pirates are in ships armed with weapons to hijack other boats that come about. They still follow the qualities of old piracy of taking over the ships and getting money from it.

2. However, piracy seemed to change from earlier times of exploration because of new technology nowadays. People have better weapons, technologyMercenaries, and maps; therefore, it may create it easier but yet hard to hijack boats and ships.

3. Authorities are trying to combat the problem by having the police force close by African Mercenaries to help avoid piracy from happening. I honestly believe that this is not a great solution because it may cause more violence and may create pirates to expand to different places now.

4. The big question is if piracy is ever justifiable. I believe that it is never justifiable because you are stealing off other people and isn't stealing a crime. It is like if someone is stealing from a person's house. The stealer would get arrested, so it is a crime and piracy has similar meaning towards that.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb