A2 RIHLA #18: Day Of the Dead !!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » San Luis Potosí » San Luis Potosí
February 25th 2013
Published: February 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. In the article Indigenous people wouldn't let 'Day of the Dead' Die, it talks about how Aztecs and other Meso-American civilizations had or still have a ritual that praises the dead, which is called Day of the Dead. They would praise and honor the dead in this day. They believed that death was a continuation of life and should be honored. Since the Spanish Conquistadors landed in Mexico to conquer it, they wanted to change their beliefs to Catholics and not have that. However, many Aztecs and other Meso-Americans refuse to get rid of it; therefore, people to this day still celebrate Day of the Die(Dia De Los Muertos). It talks about how many people in Mexico and even some parts of United States celebrate it in different ways, but they all honor the dead.

2. When I first got this article, I was quite excited because some of my family celebrates Dia De Los Muertos. We even do the traditions that they talked about bringing pictures of people that pasted away, lighting candles by them, making their favorite foods, and music. I honestly believe that they should leave this day be as it is for the Aztecs and other Meso-Americans because it became a tradition that has been done for years.

3. This article relates to class because it shows how the spanish changed a lot when they concurred Mexico. It also shows that many indians fought back and still follow their rituals and traditions.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb