Tasmania Day 4


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
October 4th 2012
Published: October 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It was sooooooooooooooooo windy today, seriously windy that we couldn’t even stand still while watching Sacred Heart Starters’ demonstration.

-------------------------------------------------

Sacred Heart – by The UniKorns + Kieran

As we got to the school it was as windy as a hurricane (Georgia). To our surprise we were going to be skipping on fake grass outside, it was like a nightmare on elm street (Ellie). We watched the Heart Starters do their demonstration as our hearts filled with wind and sand (Kieran). They withstood the flying debris and showed us a killer routine. After we did a quick workshop we did a good performance while high schoolers walked past and shouted out like talking bananas (Bec). As we finished up our routine, Jeremy got approached by lovestruck fan girls, it was sooooo cute.

-------------------------------------------------

Putt Putt Golf – by Fintan O’Shea

After Sacred Heart, the team went to a mini putt putt golf course and we did the mill course which was inside and included 18 holes. We went into our teams and started the game. At the start, the balls went into the ponds countless times but we improved rapidly. As the game went on, it got more fun JJJ!!! There were loops and different holes and courses that went on different levels that were kind of confusing. I think everyone got a hole in one and they were on a wide variety of the different holes. Lulu had the best score of 52 in the end. Once again, the adults came last, unicorns 2nd and 4D came 1st. It was really fun and a great way to spend part of the day.

-------------------------------------------------

Holy Rosary School – demo team workshop and performance – by Jeremy English

Our last performance & workshop for the day was at Holy Rosary Primary School. Holy Rosary has a demo-team themselves. The ‘Ripper Skippers’, did a performance for us. We were impressed by their skills as they had a reasonably wide vocabulary of skills. After their performance we did a workshop with them showing how to make the audience more enticed and we taught them more skills J We did the workshop before our performance because Brent, the coach of the ‘Ripper Skippers’ wanted us to perform for the whole school. They seemed to pick up on the skills really fast and I’m sure they will learn & improve more and more J Our performance was great & the school was really supportive with their clapping & cheering J After a great performance we showed the Ripper Skippers anymore skills they wanted to learn or see again. 15 minutes later we were on our way back to Woolworths for more food.

-------------------------------------------------

Fashion Parade / Song Games / Celebrity Skills / Prizes – by Camryn Gibson

After we had got home from our long day we all decided to prepare for a fun completion that TK and the older kids got us to do. We started off with about 2 hours of practicing and getting ready for the competition. Afterwards we did the fashion show and the Unicorns were first. They decided to dress Bec up in a Balloon suit. They got the balloons from woollies seeing we stopped by their earlier. Then 4D performed and we dressed Louis up as a girl and used sparkly hair spray for his hair. Then we played some games where we had to sing songs or guess what skill was written on a piece of paper. Afterwards we all got the chance to choose a prize wrapped in some newspaper that we had to use the next day and we also got the chance to swap with other people. It was a fun and hilarious afternoon and we all enjoyed it sooooooo much.

-------------------------------------------------

Two more days to go....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.208s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0729s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb