Tasmania Day 5


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
October 5th 2012
Published: October 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Happy 20thbirthday, Kieran. Not an irresponsible teenager any more becoming one of us, right?

Everyone had a task to somehow use their prize today. Molly had to use her brand new princess cup and spoon for her breakfast. Fintan packed his morning tea in his Dora lunch box.

----------------------------------------

Waimea School

Camryn had her bangles and Georgia wore her big sunnies to the school. (Their prize) Others brought their new pink drink bottles.

This school had good skippers and great gymnasts. There were very happy kids and happy coach who were ready to learn new skills. They worked quite hard and learnt a lot.

Jeremy was asked to perform his freestyle routine and he was doing an excellent job until his rope got stuck in the railing on the ceiling. Epic. Jeremy completed the routine after we untangled the rope.

We performed our routine to the rest of the school as well.

------------------------------------------

Illawarra School

After having lunch back at accommodation, we headed to Illawarra School. The team has been one of the strongest teams in Hobart and a lot of students have good skills. They are now working on the new routine to the music, Gangnam Style. We added a new part to the routine and Kieran carried on as usual and made us all laugh. Kieran punched Leila and made her cry. If you think that a birthday boy can do whatever he wants, you are wrong Kieran, shame on you. “I didn’t totally punch her. I just went whack and got her.” was his comment.

Our eco-terrorists were on their mission secretly planting beans at the front of school. Hope we can see them fully grown on our next visit. (Also the packet of bean seeds was a prize.) Louis was busy measuring everything all day. (He received a geometry set as his prize.

------------------------------------------

Kieran’s Birthday/ End of Trip dinner at Fish 349

Last dinner at Fish 349 in North Hobart. Great place and all enjoyed food and colouring in. The dinner was on the Heart Foundation. Thanks Megan. Cold Rock to celebrate Kieran’s birthday.

------------------------------------------

Last competition, Freestyle

Each team (4D and UniKorns.) performed their creative item in front of the judges tonight after dinner.

------------------------------------------

All tired now, need beds. We can sleep in tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



6th October 2012

well done everyone
Well done to everyone - sounds like you have all had an absolute ball. Many thanks to the big kids (that includes TK) for looking after the younger ones so well. Much appreciated. Looking forward to having Molly home and hearing all the stories that couldn't be blogged!!

Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb