Reddecker tour of Hobart


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
September 2nd 2018
Published: September 20th 2018
Edit Blog Post

An enormous breakfast from Kevin our host, washed down with 3 or 4 cups of tea and coffee, we enjoyed a lively chat with our fellow house guests. Before strolling back to the docks again to get our first tour underway. It was a hop on/hop off trip around Hobart. Highlights would have to be the incredible architecture of the houses and buildings from the early convict period of 1830 to 1860. Houses that you probably couldn't give away 30 yrs ago and now worth big money. Hobart is a very clean town. No litter or graffiti and no homeless people on street corners. Our tour guide kept up a lively conversation throughout.
We got off and toured the Female Factory, Botanical Gardens and the Museum & Art Gallery.
After the tour we stopped off for some delicious cakes at Daci and Daci, tried a Bonamy Cider (not bad!) at a waterside hotel. And then a walk thru Salamanca Place with it's old pubs and art galleries.
We heard from Kevin about the Hotel Soho that has $15 T Bones so off we went and rounded the night off with more dessert and a Mercury Apple Cider. ( very good indeed)


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Botanical Gardens Botanical Gardens
Botanical Gardens

9°. No such thing as bad weather. Only poor choice of clothing.


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb