Day 1 in Hobart


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
September 1st 2018
Published: September 2nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Lowena accomodation and cafeLowena accomodation and cafeLowena accomodation and cafe

Great little B and B
Up at stupid o'clock and finished packing. We got flight down to Melbourne and had 30 minutes to get to next flight to Hobart. Things went by clockwork. Caught the Skybus to the city centre. Hobart is built around the bay and it's quite hilly so the views would be fantastic. From Constitution Dock we booked the Reddecker tour for tomorrow. We decided to walk the 15 or 20 minutes to the bed and breakfast. On the way we passed some very interesting bars and restaurants. One of which, Institut Polaire we planned to hit later. Our accommodation at Lowena is a 5 bedroom older house. Kevin our host is a Chinaman from Shanghai made us feel welcome and gave us the rundown on where to eat etc.

Local wines and cheese platters at Institut Polaire was a great experience for both of us. The owners have a real passion for the wines they make and it was easy to settle in there for a while. We followed it with simply the best fish and chips at Fish Frenzy at Constitution Docks with some local ciders , Lost Pippin Apple. With another 15min walk it didn't take much rocking to get to sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb