Off to Tasmania!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Devonport
January 30th 2012
Published: February 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day one has arrived!!!After several days of early mornings, late nights, lugging furniture out of the flat and making trips to the storage facility, we are sleep deprived and exhausted… but there’s a sense of excitement as we say a fond farewell to our St Kilda flat (sweet home for three great years) and drive down the road to Port Melbourne to board the Spirit of Tasmania for the nine hour journey across the Bass Strait.

Our storage room is filled to the brim (as we closed the roller door, it skimmed past the washing machine with half an inch to spare), and our van is set up beautifully (thanks so much for your work on the kitchen and shelves, Gwany) and our odometer marks 208,000 km as our starting point. What will it read upon our return?!

The boat journey was actually quite nice, with an on-board cinema, live music and plenty of space to move around. It was only when a fellow passenger asked us whether we would be travelling West or East once we arrived in Tasmania, that we realised we had been too busy organising our departure to actually plan our route. We quite like that and the opportunity to be completely spontaneous!

It was quite late once we disembarked from the ferry in Devonport Tasmania, so we headed for the Devonport Holiday Village (we were the only unpowered campers) for a chilled-out dinner and an early night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb