The Oodnadatta Track...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia
April 19th 2006
Published: April 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Along the Oodnadatta...Along the Oodnadatta...Along the Oodnadatta...

Their official roadsign...
This track takes you through the Australian outback, passing through a few remote little villages/towns/suburbs whatever you want to call them...

We stopped in one called Lyndhurst to say hello to this old man called Talc Alf. He uses this certain stone which when you rub it creates talcom powder to show everyone his philosophies and theories on a big black board. He's lived in this house in the middle of nowhere for 17 years and has come up with a theory that everything revolves around writing and certain words. He also had all these australian flags with the union jack part replaced by the aboriginal flag which I do actually agree with... It was so funny though when he would cough or sneeze as it would create this big cloud of talc...ahaha...

Along the track we saw a few sand whirlwinds and big big kangaroos. Occassionally we would see some emu too and even camels...

I just loved camping out in the outback. My swag became more comfortable as the trip went on and it became normal to do my business behind a tree. It was so cool to just turn off the dirt track and find
Neverending track...Neverending track...Neverending track...

It felt wonderful to be so far away from anything, although the track was very bumpy even with a 4WD, I dread to think what it'd be like if I had got a stationwagon, and even the state of the stationwagon itself...
a little space for us to make camp that night. Arriving and it feeling like just a little bare area and as the night went on it felt more like your home for the night...it was a beautiful feeling...and knowing there is no one around for miles and miles...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

View from my 'room'...View from my 'room'...
View from my 'room'...

So amazing to get ready for the evening with views like this around you, to be followed by a night full of glorious stars...


27th April 2006

Wow
Wow I have just got into work to find 4 blogs to read and before i've even finished up comes another one!!!! sounds like you are still having an amazing time!!! that church/cave looks fantastic!

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb