Heading bush...


Advertisement
Published: April 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The most beautiful...The most beautiful...The most beautiful...

This little one sat posing for us on the rock for ages, which is really rare...
The first part of my expedition was getting to know the other 10 people in the group who I would be spending the next 240 hours with...whilst making our way north from Adelaide, heading for the Flinders Ranges. We camped just outside the entrance to the national park sign (literally) so we could have a campfire, as inside national parks it is banned until 30th of April.

It was so nice to sleep in a swag outside, under the stars which are so incredibly bright being in the middle of no where. I couldn't beleive how stunning the sky was and different down here in the southern hemisphere. I didn't like getting up in the morning though with it being freezing cold, and having to go to the toilet behind a tree...brrrr it was so cold in the mornings...

We did some hikes round Wilpena Pound and went to Yourambula to look at some aboriginal rock paintings. In this area are the most beautiful kangaroos that I've seen so far. They're called Yellow Foot Rock Wallabies and have a stripy tail...so cute...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Our 4WD...Our 4WD...
Our 4WD...

3 in the front, 8 in the back facing each other. Fighting for knee and foot space and getting a numb bum...
Here we go...Here we go...
Here we go...

Just encase you couldn't tell by looking around you and not seeing a single thing...


27th April 2006

Wot more!
Lucy, the trees behind the car, well i need in my garden, so if you dont mind Thanks Sis xx

Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.2114s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb