Where's the Delphins??????


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia
March 3rd 2008
Published: June 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After the Great Ocean Road we decided to continue our drive along the coast towards Adelaide and into South Australia. We stopped on our way at Mount Gambier's mysterious blue lake, a mile deep lake that sits on a volcano's crater and shimmers with an intense shade of blue.
We spent a night at the sleepy little town of beachport before moving onto Robe where I celebrated my birthday in a lovely apartment right on the beach. I was treated to lots of lovely pressies (thanks everyone) and Lobster and Champagne for dinner - Luxury!!

Our next stop was at Victor Harbour where we were greeted by massive Pelicans and took a walk over to Granite Island to try and see some Penguins but unfortunately we were out of luck!!

We made the ferry crossing over to Kangaroo island where we stayed at Emu bay and took night rides to hunt down some animals. We got to see Possums, Echidna's, Wallabies and Kangaroo's, but after hours of waiting still no Penguins!!! Even with mum making Penguin noises!! she was very upset😞 At Emu bay dad was able to take the Subaru off road onto the beach to do a bit of rallying.

We took a tour to seal bay where we got to see hundreds of fur seals stinking of fish bumming out on the beach after being out at sea for 3 days at a time! Also saw Dolphins out at sea and a german woman kept shouting "look at the Delphins!" mum thought this was hillarious and we kept repeating it for the rest of the day!!!

Our last stop before hitting Adelaide was to Normanville where we found a lovely apartment with amazing views over the beach even though it was like stepping back in time inside. We got to watch fantastic sunsets with dolphins playing in the surf!

Once we made it to Adelaide we stayed in the beach suburb of Glenelg where we stocked up on pressies for mum and dad to take home and took some scenic drives into the Adelaide hills where we visited some wineries and sampled a sparkling red (not as nice as it sounds). On mothers day we took a walk along the espanade to the harbour and chucked mum and dad on a camel that kept groaning a lot!!!
We then had to say our goodbyes as mum and dad had to fly back to melbourne to catch their flight home. Jason and I decided to fly to Perth and travel the undiscovered west and try to find work for a few months. Our flight to Perth was weirdly via Melbourne where we bumped into mum and dad again in the airport.
Thanks Mum and Dad for a great trip***


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb