Farewell Bash


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia
January 26th 2008
Published: January 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

What better way to kick off the whole farewell proceedings than with an Australia Day Hottest 100 Frontyard Cricket Bash. Whilst we suggested we didn't want to start drinking til after 11am we fell to temptation and stole one of Dad's light beers at 10:10am which then left us wanting to start on the full strength brews at 10:15am. Small games of cricket were started and the hottest 100 sweep did the rounds. Azza pulled out Silverchair- Straight Lines which left him a clear favourite to take out the cash. A brown snake came out from under the house and almost killed Smithy so we had to move the party out the back. Much anticipation surrounded the top ten and when Silverchair cranked up at number 2 a loud cheer went up as we all knew that Muse- Knights of Cydonia was sure to be the winner which meant I took home the booty but most importantly, Azza didn't win! After steak sangers for tea cricket came to the front lawn where Mitch and his team cheated to beat us so I cracked the shits and told everyone to go to the pub. With plenty of Toto on the jukebox and lots more beers we finished up at about 2:30am which meant a solid 16 hours on the beers. After many strange occurances once we got home (Shane with shorts around his ankles standing outside my door with the hiccups) I awoke early sunday morning for a curbside quiche. Paul had one as well and Shane woke up still drunk. Sunday was terrible with the hangovers but all-in-all it was a great weekend. Thanks to all who came, including me old mate Mohammed Dawood.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0178s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb