Sand in our shoes


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia
August 7th 2019
Published: August 8th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Stepping out to the Jetty this morning to ring a dear friend for her birthday, we could only watch as a black cloud loomed from the west. We had to cut our call short because large drops of rain started falling fast. John had seen the front moving with some speed up the bay and yelled that we needed to make a run for it – fortunately it was only a quick sprint to the shelter of the park playground area so we didn’t get too wet; hoping though that the day clears up because we would like to climb the sand hill.







Later in the morning we were able to catch a break in the weather so managed to go climbing. It was steeper than we first thought so we only managed to go partway. The view was great – we even saw a blow from a whale. The wind started to pick up and there were a few more drops of rain as we reached the roadway. The early afternoon was quite overcast with gusty winds so we were happy enough to sit inside reading and planning the next few days.







Despite the weather we did have a late afternoon walk to stretch our legs and we were rewarded with a (distant) view of a whale breaching, but it was quickly back to the caravan because the winds had increased significantly and remained so throughout the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0779s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb