Australian Adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Robe
May 11th 2014
Published: May 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hi blog followers.

Today we are in Robe, South Australia. We arrived yesterday after a quick one day stopover in Beachport.

I must say the weather is "exceptional" today for mothers day. Especially after the last couple of days which were atrocious. I.e. It is 18C and sunny with not a cloud in the sky. We are out in T-shirts and shorts which is a total turnaround from previous days which was raining, windy and freezing cold and I was wearing T-shirt, Long sleave shirt, warm vest and then a heavy jumper on top of all that.

After cooking Lyn pancakes with strawberry jam and cream for breakfast, we have taken the opportunity with the excellent weather to do all the mundane things like laundry and washing the car and van and drying/airing everything out before heading out to further enjoy the day for mothers day and lunch etc.

On a different note, Bridgeport appears to be a lovely town, BUT basically shut down for the winter as the Crayfish/Lobster season finishes in April and it is generally too cold and windy for tourists.

However, Robe which is also a lovely town, is reasonably open for business, with the exception of a few shops. The Van Park we are staying at is excellent including the facilities and the grassed powered sites backing onto the lake etc.

Tomorrow we hope to move on to Kingstone S.E. (only 45km up the coast) as it appears the weather is expected to be great for a few days.

Hope you like the pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb