A taste of home in Mt Gambier


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Mt Gambier
July 12th 2009
Published: July 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It was my fortune this week that a friendly work colleague asked me out of the blue whether I would be interested in house-sitting for her, and care for 2 teenage cats and 2 chooks??? Of Course!

And it has been a real taste of home not living beside the main highway and in front of a smelly paper/ pulp mill. I had the best nights sleep in a while ever, and am enjoying wandering around the elaborate rambling cottage garden complete with Lime tree, apples, oranges, one tree I cannot figure out but seems like a sort of pomegranate, a retired walnut tree and several flower and herb bits and bobs here there and everywhere..the chooks get a good free range around, pecking and plucking at random debris, but I must be sure to replace the gate as they may escape and rampage the neighbours with there clucking!! The chooks are named Caramel and Coco, the cats Zig and Zag. They are devils to control, even whehn enticed with food rattling in the container! The cats have recently entered adolescence and after being de-sexed and still acting randy as ever chasing the neighbours ginger cat that prances across the rioof quite heavily at night - once cats always cats, right??

The day before I got the chance to go to a local club netball match with a work colleague - could have run around the court but too risky of an injury when I had not trained! Running in a straight line is not substitute for proper practuce, plus the girls were far out of my amateur netball league abilities!! The rain stopped but it was cool and chilly at Tantanoola where they played. As usual, the boys were doing their Aussie rules next door on the muddy turf thanks to much rain on Friday night. They breed them tough here, just like us Kiwis eh!

That's all....next week, to Ballarat and the big smoke of Melbourne, by bus!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.342s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.118s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb