Mexican Hat (Tuesday 23rd April - Friday 26th April)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Mexican Hat
April 26th 2013
Published: May 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Just a short drive from Fowler's Bay lies Mexican Hat, a beautiful beach camp. Already on location are the Gordan family, James, Sonya, Phoebe and Hannah whom we met while at Cactus. We joined them and set up camp, two Jayco's on a small sandhill overlooking the pristine beach on one side and the small island of Mexican Hat and the rolling sand dunes on the other.

We spent our days fishing, surfing, walking and boarding on the sandhills, swimming with seals and driving along the spectacular clifftops on a precarious dirt track! This part of the coast has some serious Potential...have to head back for a bit more exploring.

Our nights were spent gathering around the campfire, eating campfire popcorn and marshmellows and sharing stories. Matt was stoked to have James as a surfing and fishing companion and the girls loved having Hannah to explore with.

We all packed up camp and headed toward the SA/WA border and the Old Telegraph Station at Eucla. A few hours along the track we receive several messages saying "are you still at Mexican Hat?, Kelly Slater is headed there today!" Do we turn around and go back???

Mexican Hat is certainly a beautiful part of the world and we will definitely be back.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement




Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0745s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb