Day 5 - Flinders Ranges NP


Advertisement
Published: May 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We woke to another perfect day in the Flinders Ranges. It was freezing until the sun peaked over the hill and then it was glorious. We walked the Bunyeroo Gorge which is an interesting geological trail showing the different rock strata through the gorge. Some of the trails in the NP are great although possibly not well advised as we were going through water and some reasonably heavy duty rocks which were fine for us. We let a lady pass in a small white SUV and she looked quite ashen. After the gorge we headed to Wilpena Pound to check out the facilities. And what a tragedy it is. I’ve always struggled with caravan parks after Jac O’Connor told me you have to wear thongs in the showers so you don’t get tinea. One couple were just sitting out the front of their caravan on their recliner director chairs soaking up the atmosphere. A quick shower, because I hadn’t brought thongs but I just hopped from one foot to another and dried very carefully and we were headed back to the campsite. We went via the tarred road stopping at Sacred Canyon to check out the indigenous rock paintings which have been painted in a rock shelter. Middle Eastern Chicken with harrissa, cous cous and sauted eggplant.

Things we learnt:

- There are a lot of different rock stratas

- Don’t forget thongs


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0634s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb