CEDUNA TO ADELAIDE VIA EYRE PENINSULA - South Australia


Advertisement
Published: May 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

CEDUNA TO ADELAIDE VIA EYRE PENINSULA <span> After filling up at Ceduna and establishing that many of the campsites were busy and had time before dark, we thought we would push on to SMOKEY BAY, a holiday town of around 200 souls.<span> Arriving there just before dark, the proprietor of the sole campsite only had one noisy pitch left next to the camp kitchen, but he allowed our lit... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Camp Kitchen At Port Augusta 2Camp Kitchen At Port Augusta 2
Camp Kitchen At Port Augusta 2

Great for creating a sense of community and making new friends. All of the Australians I met her were very friendly.
Camp kitchen at Smokey Bay SiteCamp kitchen at Smokey Bay Site
Camp kitchen at Smokey Bay Site

All the necessities and a good place to meet. Too may mosquitos though.
Safe camping?Safe camping?
Safe camping?

No problems with snakes and dingos with this outfit!
Port Augusta Viewing TowerPort Augusta Viewing Tower
Port Augusta Viewing Tower

Tower in the background.
Bumbunga Lake Bumbunga Lake
Bumbunga Lake

Next stop - Adelaide



10th May 2012

Welcome to SA
It looks like you are having an out of the ordinary adventure indeed. Most tourists would opt for the bigger cities when holidaying in Aust. I believe the South coast has so much to offer and truly believe that if you want to experience something a little different to holidaying in the city of your own country, SA is the place to be :) Perhaps a holiday in the Victorian coastline as well to compare the difference? Victorian towns are a little more tourist friendly and 'modern' so to speak.
11th May 2012

Thanks for the feedback.
We are really enjoying the trip and enjoyng the challenge of travelling in an environment that is alien to us, but is problably much more commonplace to Australians. We have found Australians very friendly, probably much less reserved than you would find in the UK, which is to Australia's credit. Minor niggles always exist in all countries, especially the UK (remeber I am a whinging POME!), but are a bit tongue in cheek. I would thoroughly recommend such a trip to anyone with a spark of adventure in them. Thanks again for the comment.
18th May 2012

Scouts
Dear David & Valda Just a quick note to say that I hope things are going well. Weather here is awful, so things can only get better. Date set to paint the HQ last week . Good turn out , One Beaver Dad and one Scout Dad. On Saturday 19th I am going along to paint myself I think I can get more done that way. Kitchen is finished so I'll start painting that on Saturday. I really hope to have things looking good on your return. Take care Ken and Margaret.

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb