Bloody Hell.....


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
October 30th 2006
Published: October 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Its been an interesting few days.

Danielle and I decided to go out Friday night, even though we had no idea where to go. We got all done up, then went and checked out this Tavern by Colonnades Shopping Center. It was pretty brutal. So we went into the liquor store next door and asked the guy working where we should go! He directed us to the Emu, and off we went!

It was a sports bar, and pretty lively, thankfully. We met a table of boys there, who turned out to be really nice. They even paid for our cab home, so we could stay longer! They taught us how to play pool (the balls here were only two colors. Not stripes and solids like at home), and we hung out 'til super late.

The next night we went to Mick O'Shea's (obviously and Irish Pub) with my mom and PJ. The night before, PJ's friends son had told us it was the place to go. Unfortunately, that's only on Friday nights. Saturday night is pretty much Grab a Granny night. But it was still a really nice place, so we might try it out some Friday soon.




Today, I had my interview. Everything went really well and I'll be getting temp work starting very soon. But the public transport here is HORRIBLE! I had to switch trains on the way there (which was no easy feat. there are 6 different platforms at the station where i had to switch. None of them labelled, and no announcements to tell me which train was going where). Then, on the way home, I had to figure out which platform of the 4 would take me back down south to Noarlunga. None of them would for hours! So i had to hop on a train that would take me into the city, in the opposite direction, to catch a train. And the busses are all labelled with letters, (like on the simpsons that time, where lisa should have taken the 55, not the 55 A), and....buh. Long day.

Time for supper.

Advertisement



30th October 2006

transit
Maybe the transit system is designed that way to force people to phone in and ask the transit operater where they are going all the time, sot they can say "G'day Mate" to all the passengers. Has anyoe said that to you yet?
31st October 2006

A few people have said G'day Mate, but not as many as I'd have expected. I think the transit system would be more efficient if they put the G'Day Mate People ON the trains. Or even the platforms. Then again though, they might get hurt.
6th November 2006

Grab who and why
Grab a Granny Night...what in the hell is that. Sounds perverted.
6th November 2006

Grab a Granny night
Basically, 'Grab a Granny Night' was a term used by a couple local guys to describe how the pub is full of old people on saturday nights. It is a night that should be avoided by all. Well...except for the elderly, apparently.

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb