Whispering Wall


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide » Onkaparinga
October 25th 2006
Published: October 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We all went out for a drive today. We left here at 10am, and drove for about two hours into the Adelaide Hills. Its really so pretty out there. The roads are a bit scary, cuz they're so narrow and winding.

We stopped in Mount Pleasant for lunch. We went to the hotel/pub in town. It was a cute little building, with not so great food. Excellent hot chocolate though (danielle and I got hot chocolate cuz it was FREEZING). On the way out, PJ and my mom got a "Pub Squash." Danielle and I were SURE they said "Pub Squat" and we were both rather alarmed until we saw them drinking something.

After lunch, we drove on through Williamstown and went to the Whispering Wall. Its a dam that was built years ago, and when they built it, they accidentaly made it so you could hear people's voices echo off the wall. What you do is one person walks to the other side of the wall, and whispers something. And you can hear them clear as day, standing 300m away, on the other side of the dam. Its crazy! It does sorta sound like they've been buried under the wall when you hear them, but its still pretty cool! I took a video, so hopefully it turned out well.

On the way home, we drove all through Adelaide, and stopped for ice cream at Hungry Jacks (its pretty much exactly like Burger King at home).

And since then...I've been trying to apply for jobs...

Advertisement



25th October 2006

Glad youre having fun! Keep the posts theyre a pleasure to read. EE
30th October 2006

Really?
Why would they name it Mount Pleasant if it isn't? And then you got ice cream on the way home, even though you were freezing not long before? Something about this just does not add up.... are you sure you are not trying to make the rest of us feel better about winter in Canada while you are on a tropical beach?

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb