WOMADELAIDE 2013...Music to save the Planet


Advertisement
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
April 16th 2013
Published: April 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

WOMADELAIDE 2013...Music to save the Planet. They call it Mad March...Mad because a year full of delights is crammed into one month...Mad because you'd be mad to miss it. I'm talking about Adelaide of course...that peaceful state capital of South Australia...that for one month of each year becomes the cultural capital of the World...showcasing Art (Turner landscapes), Comedy (Fringe Fest... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 84, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

TIM KEIPERTIM KEIPER
TIM KEIPER

From New York...Vieux Farka Toure's Band
SWAMP THINGSWAMP THING
SWAMP THING

Australia
CAT EMPIRECAT EMPIRE
CAT EMPIRE

Australia
ILLAPUILLAPU
ILLAPU

Chile
SING SINGSING SING
SING SING

Australasia
PAUL UBANA JONESPAUL UBANA JONES
PAUL UBANA JONES

UK/Nigeria/NZ



15th April 2013

Couldn't stop smiling...
Imaging all that world music and dancing and friends and people united in joy just put a huge grin on my face. What a great antidote to the suffering in the world, especially iin your beloved Mali. So sorry to hear the Caravan of Peace for Artists had been cancelled, but so happy to hear that your African friends had a place to make music, and you had a place to dance with them. Thanks for the very happy blog.
15th April 2013

THANKS TARA...HAVE A DANCE FOR ME
Music to save the Planet...should be more of it. I've been attending a lot of music events recently which has been opening my eyes that music is more than entertainment...messages are conveyed...souls are uplifted. Enjoy your music Tara...and have a dance for me.
15th April 2013

Music, Music, Music
Thanks David - really rubbed it in what we missed out on this year - maybe I should spend more time in Oz...... Mali has a very special place for all of us and thank goodness that we can support the music on the world stage. Music festivals are a great leveller I think especially if you treat yourself to a performance by someone you have never heard of before - you can be transported in a moment. Have to think seriously about next year. Regards, Ros.
16th April 2013

HI ROS
Another Timbuktu & Malian music reunion...someone has to do it...gotta say we don't mind it fell on us. Hope you guys are well.
15th April 2013

What a wonderful list of musicians from all over the world. Really appreciate your passionate writing about politics and tragedy and its effect on musicians -- their music and lives -- in Mali and Syria. Especially interesting to read about your conversation with Vieux Farka Toure. Quite jealous that you got to hear Souad Massi live as well as all of the other musicians. You've given us another great reason (out of many) to visit you guys someday! Dance on~~
16th April 2013

THANKS MICHELLE
Special thank you for getting the music link to work...hope you liked the special music with this blog...rather fitting I think. A special blog to me...Music for the Planet...Save our planet Earth.
16th April 2013

Music replenishes the soul & is the great communicator
Joyous music, laughter, friendship and dancing...now that is what the world needs more of! Sorry we missed mad march....maybe in the future. Thanks for outlining the event...your love and passions shows in each selected word and photo.
16th April 2013

THANKS DAVE & MERRY JO
You couldn't have said it better. My pleasure to report on & share this event...and the music.
16th April 2013

Just what I needed for post trip blues- just as I remembered it - well done "dancing one". For the record, I thought your camel dancing had lifted a level ;)
17th April 2013
COME ON DOWN

Another great shot. You contrast the maze of travel landscape shots with these beauties.
17th April 2013
COME ON DOWN

HI ANDREA
This guy captures the vibe of the festival. Interesting he's wearing a Felani hat from Mali that he bought in Oz...kinda appropriate. Hope you listened to the music link while looking at the photos. If not, read my instructions and give it a go.

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 20; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb