19 April - 29 April 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
April 29th 2012
Published: May 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Did we just fit all of that in in 11 days? Breakfasts, lunches, dinners, BBQs, coffee, buck's show and a wedding. That about covers it I think. We had the sort of itinerary that would have made an American presidential candidate weep.

While it was pretty tiring, our time back in Adelaide was fantastic and it was great to catch up with family and friends and find out all things that we had missed out on. And there was a bit that I didn't know about....friends had bought new houses and sold their existing homes, new babies made their way into the world, small businesses were purchased and that's just for starters.

So the main reason we were in town was for Nick and Simone's wedding.

First up the buck's show...........what happens on tour, stays on tour. But what a day it was. If you were lucky enough to be at Alberton Oval that Saturday you would have witnessed Bryan Strauchan give an uplifting three quarter time speech to the Maggies and take a few spectacular marks on centre wing.....well at least attempted marks. And ok so Nick was supposed to be the great Scott Hodges but the similarities with Strauchanie were uncanny.

Secondly the wedding, and what an absolutely fantastic event it was. The weather turned out close to perfect for the happy couple to enjoy as the ceremony took place on the beach down at Largs. The reception at the Largs Sailing club was an absolute belter and a more enjoyable wedding I have not been to.

Sadly all good things must come to an end and after catching up with our loved ones today (Sunday) it's time to get our holiday focus back on as we head west again tomorrow morning. Shay and Jackie were so generous to have us stay in their home. I am sure they will enjoy the vagrants out the back heading off but don't worry girls, I'm sure we'll be back sooner than you know 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb