06 04 2010


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
April 8th 2010
Published: April 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

06 04 2010

Well we woke up to the pouring rain, where it had been raining all night and thunderstorms.

On the news we learned that Adelaide had the worst weather for 3 years with people being flooded out, roads turning to rivers and power cuts.

Somebody upstairs had found out where we were and decided it was back to situation normal.

In fairness the city was overdue a downpour and I am sure it will all be a lot greener for our visit.

Today was city day so we went down to town and looked at the Lake Torrens. There was a fountain there as well as pelicans and black swans. The city was a delightful mix of shops and buildings old and new. There was a delightful arcade and a variety of street entertainers. We had our first sight of the indigenous Aborigines. The Aussies have a variety of words for them, essentially they hang round parks and drink and urinate. I suspect the local law have a lot to do with them. The Aboriginal flag was flying from the state building and was blue for the sun, red for the earth with a yellow sun in the middle.

Afterwards we drove to see another view of the city which we were to go back later and see the same view at night.

The day was rounded off at a top Chinese restaurant with great food and wine. We all enjoyed it and ate and drank a bit much (Phil did) and reflected over the speed our visit had passed. It was a lovely time with a hint of sadness at the parting of the ways. (Peter/Mandy if you can get here it is a great place hint).

On the way home Brian kindly took us to see the city at night. It was incredible to see the size of the place. There were street lights, buildings, cars the airport over a vast scale, truly an unforgettable sight

Then back to sleep the sleep of the just. Great day.





Additional photos below
Photos: 74, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb