07 04 2010


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Darling Harbour
April 9th 2010
Published: April 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

07 04 2010

Our last morning in Adelaide before we move on to Sydney which was very sad as we have enjoyed ourselves immensely and Brian and Fiona have been wonderful hosts and looked after us brilliantly.
The weather was shinning down on us for the final tweaks to the packing. Thankfully Phil did not need to wear shirt, jumper, leather jacket and jeans to make the case lighter as I managed to get both cases just right for the weigh in.
After breakie we piled into Brains car to get set for the airport. Adelaide airport fairly big and check in no problem. Fiona and Brian happily stayed with us at the boarding gate to wave us off and Brian took some final photos before we set off. Hugs and kisses to say goodbye - always teary when that happens.

The flight to Sydney for a change uneventful however journey to the hotel apartments no such luck. We find out that the bus drop off that we paid for and were advised did not actually go to North Sydney so we were abandoned at the farthest point they would go and we summoned a taxi to get us to the rest of the way. We eventually arrived at the apartments to find that we are on the top floor with the most glorious view over the harbour and Lavender Bay. The clear view of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge left us both speechless and in ore for a long while. Wonderful, wonderful breathtaking views so all the tiring journey forgotten.

With a back drop so spectacular we spent our first night in Sydney supping G& T watching the sun set over the harbour feeling very excited to be here.



Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.188s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1147s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb