Adelaide again . . .


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
February 22nd 2009
Published: February 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Back on mainland Australia we reluctantly said our goodbyes to Justin after a last tequila fuelled bender with him and prepared ourselves for a nice life of quiet sobriety over in Henley Beach with our mate Lee. Yeah right!
Anyway, thanks to Lee we experienced our first bit of luxury in a while, having run of his house rather than having to hostel it. What bliss! Henley is a lovely little seaside place, with great bars on the waterfront and a relaxed vibe . . and yet another beautiful beach. Talking of said beach, one day whilst heading to catch a bus, we saw a plane circling overhead, making a right din with its siren. We later found out that a shark had been spotted and the plane is used to get everyone out of the water. Where's Chief Brody when you need him? In fact, there was a shark sighting every day, but it didn't stop us braving the ocean for our evening swim. Hardcore us Plymouth birds!
We enjoyed our first barbeque since we arrived in Oz (I know, hard to believe that we had been here for nearly a month before having the obligatory BBQ!) at our friend, Sandy's - who we met in Bali. A great night was had by all and cheeky little backpackers that we are, we left with more food and drinks than we came with!
Although it must appear (certainly by the photos) that all we did was get drunk whilst in Adelaide, and admittedly, we did do a fair bit of that, we also made it outdoors for some sightseeing too, visiting Mount Lofty whose vista of the entire city was breathtaking. We also went to Hahndorf, a little German town with sweetshops galore and all manner of german foods (bratwurst, anyone?), all of us laughing at the memory of Chevy Chase in National Lampoon's European Vacation when he dons shorts and braces and gets slapped around at a beer festival - brilliant!
The last stop was Cleland National Park, excitedly anticipating a cuddle with a koala. But to our disappointment, it was too hot for the little bears to come out, so off we went for a nice long drive through the vineyards where those famous SA wines are produced, including Wolfblass (thought of you there, Rog!). And then another greyhound bus to our next port - Marvellous Melbourne!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

P1010499P1010499
P1010499

Sandy's bbq
P1010507P1010507
P1010507

View of Adelaide from Mount Lofty
SNV33201SNV33201
SNV33201

Our dear friend Sandy
SNV33205SNV33205
SNV33205

Cutting some rug!!


Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb