Wet and cold Down Under...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
December 19th 2008
Published: December 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I am now in Australia!! And despite all the romantic notions of coming Down Under for Christmas the summer weather hasn't joined me yet and its been raining and not too warm since i arrived! In fact the day that i arrived in Melbourne they're 4 month long drought broke and it tipped it down! But i haven't let that put me off and luckily being a geographer i always carry a waterproof jacket where ever i go...

Melbourne was a great city, but due to the torrential rain while i was there i don't really have any photos to show you! I then headed off down the Great Ocean Road to see the Apostles and sights along the coast (i even did a helicopter ride over them which was incredible) before heading inland to the Grampians. They were great and it was nice to do some hiking in the mountains, managed to avoid all the spiders and snakes. I'm not in Adelaide which is a really beautiful city, lovely to walk around. And for the last 2 days its actually been dry and the temperatures have creeped up to 20c! I've been out to see the Barossa Valley wineries and explored the city and i think this afternoon i will head down to the city beach...

Tomorrow i fly to Perth to meet up with my family for the Clarke-Pugh Christmas Down Under extravaganza - we are staying around SW Oz in the Margaret River area for Christma and then travelling SE to see a bit more of the region. Which i cannot wait for!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



19th December 2008

hello
hi lucy, fab photos as always- sounds and looks like you're having a nice time despite the weather. Just cleaned up my desk here in Cornwall, can't believe I'm leaving Exeter/Tremough having been down SW since 1999! Now off further west and possibly even wetter!! Happy Christmas for next week, Happy New year for the week after, and see you in 2009 (maybe in Dublin!!) Na

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb