New Zealand again...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Dunedin
December 8th 2008
Published: December 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So, i am back in New Zealand again (my home away from home) and as some people expressed concern that i hadn't updated my blog for a while i thought i would let you all know that i was safe and sound...

The conference was last week and so not much exciting to report really - my presentation was on the first morning and so good to get it out of the way, it was okay not the best i've ever given but then again my preparation has been fairly limited! But all in all the conference was good - interesting talks and lots of sociable people to talk to and go out with in the evenings. I met up with Phil in Christchurch the weekend before the conference started and we went up to Kaikoura whale watching for a day and explored Christchurch a bit. And then this last weekend after the conference ended me, Phil and Carolyn (a PhD student from Newcastle Uni) drove down to Dunedin, i took them along the Southern Scenic route via Mount Cook to see a bit more of the country and the stunning glacial lakes. We crashed at Jan's, and on the Sunday we gave them a tour of the sights of Dunedin and went out onto the Peninsula for some wildlife spotting.

The other two have headed off along the coast now but i'm just staying in Dunedin for the week. I have some work to do and its good to relax and catch up with friends that are still living here. So, there wont be too much to update you on this week, but at the weekend i am off to Oz in search of some sunshine - as in true Dunedin style its cold and raining here!


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



9th December 2008

Hi
Hi Lucy Looks like your having a fab time. Bit more glamourous and exciting than coffee and cake at Cannon Hall! Although the cake was pretty good! We all got together last weekend for a good natter before Christmas and just to let you know we were thinking about you. Everyone said how they enjoy your blog! I'll say Happy Christmas in advance, as there were one or two smug people who had written cards, sadly I wasn't one of them. Looks wicked, I love the penguin sign, and the loan penguin surveying his domain! Keeps us updated. Love Amy

Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0159s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb