Melbourne to Adelaide


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
July 30th 2005
Published: July 31st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Us at Jacob's CreekUs at Jacob's CreekUs at Jacob's Creek

And the actual creek is behind us
Melbourne turned out to be our break from travelling - we rented a studio apartment and spent a lot of time watching dodgy Australian TV and generally chilling out. We didn't manage to anything very touristy there - we went to the Immigration Museum which was over-run with small children so we didn't stay long, and to the Aussie Rules footie museum, which turned out to be mostly for local fanatics of the game and didn't have anything about the history of the game or how it's played... we didn't stay long there either... One good thing we did in Melbourne was meet up with Graeme's friend Mark, a kiwi who played rugby at Irvine a few years back. It was great to see him and his girlfriend Chris and we spent a couple of evenings catching up (over a few beers of course!)

On Friday we flew to Adelaide for two nights. We're a bit tired of big cities so we decided to spend Saturday visiting the Barossa Valley, one of Australia's biggest wine-making regions, on a tour with Groovy Grape tours. The decider for going to the Barossa Valley was not only that we could do another wine tour (our third in the past year!) but also that we could visit the winery that makes Jacob's Creek wine - my spiritual home, according to Graeme! The Barossa Valley is absolutely beautiful, and we were blessed with lovely weather. We tried some excellent wine, climbed up the world's biggest rocking hourse (very odd) and even saw lots of kangaroos in the wild - how exciting! We liked Adelaide but didn't have much time to explore it unfortunately... and on a sad note I have finally had to part with my trusty trainers, which have seen me good for the past 10 months but have finally worn out completely. I'm now travelling with two pairs of shoes, which is a bit of a trauma!

We flew up to Alice Springs this morning, and we're having a quiet afternoon before heading off to Uluru tomorrow on a 2 night outback safari. Keep your fingers crossed for good weather so that we can take lots of postcard-type photos!

love Jo and Graeme x


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Aussie rules footballAussie rules football
Aussie rules football

Graeme hones his ball-handling skills
Jacob's CreekJacob's Creek
Jacob's Creek

Where all that wine originates
Bethany WinesBethany Wines
Bethany Wines

Our last winery


31st July 2005

Nae justice
In Australia it's winter, right? In Scotland it's summer, yes? So how come Jo and Graeme are posing in t-shirts in the Oz winter and we have the heating on in high summer?
31st July 2005

Groovy Grape
Glad you enjoyed the GG tour, we did the same and had such a great day. Bethany wines was definately the bet though!!!!

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb