hmmmmmmmmm, Adelaide


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
April 22nd 2007
Published: April 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

So have been in Adelaide for the past 5 days, I think after leaving cairns. Pretty uneventful flights, 1 was a bit bouncy particularly when taking off and landing, but we all got off alive.
Have been staying in a half decent hostel, well the people there are cool and have been having a laugh with em, but the area is somewhat a bit suspect. Have been told that adelaide is the worst city for crime in australia, and the street i'm staying on has the highest number of murders, so have been a bit cautious when i've been out, have to say that I still haven't come across any adelaide rap or the rappers. But really haven't been out too much, have been staying in and reading alot during the day, then getting some beers in at night and sittin around chatting, and then heckling people from our balcony out the back at the people working in the 24hr pancake shop, they loved us really and would come up and have a drink as well.
Couple of nights ago went and checked out the casino, managed to not spend any money in there, although was starting to get the sweats and ichy fingers, so made a quick exit, but went and had a few beers after in a couple of bars close to the hostel, and played some pool, have to say though all the aussie's i've met here seem to be from melbourne and are just here cause of work.
Last night went to the australian rules football, thought i would check out some local culture see what all th fuss is about. Was good, some 50,000 people there to see adelaide take on sydney, was a pretty low scoring match and ended about 70-40 to adelaide. But what a weird game, sure there is some skill involved somewhere, but when using an oblong ball it's always going to be a bit unpredictable and goes anywhere. And also u have 4 posts, ur main goal and then 2 either side, and if u miss the main goal, but inbetween the other 2, u get a point, so getting points for good effort, and also if u hit the posts u get a point.
I have been for a bit of a long walk around the city, reminds me alot like an english town, but not alot of photo opportunities, but as u can see i did find something of interest.
I leave adelaide tomorrow, getting picked up by the bus at 6.00 in the morning, won't make the same mistake as before, so will keep it clean tonight, and try not to sleep through my alarm for half an hour. Not sure when my next update will be, going into the outback, and don't think modern technologies have caught on the so much in the desert.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb