Adelaide


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
March 27th 2024
Published: March 27th 2024
Edit Blog Post

It was a very lazy day in Adelaide today. After breakfast we popped out to the Adelaide Market with Meredith to pick up a few items. The Adelaide Market is so vibrant and full of mouth-watering produce. There were cakes galore, but we resisted the temptation. It was much less busy than expected given it was the Wednesday before Easter which was very welcome as it made it easier to negotiate the aisles amongst the fruit and veg, nuts, meat and seafood.

Later in the morning Meredith headed off to a lunchtime function and left us to our own devices. We meandered our way up to the Rundle Mall for a bit of window shopping. Which turned into actual shopping with Tracey purchasing a blouse in Myer. We had a bit to eat in the food court and then continued along the mall looking for the adventure wear stores. We made it in and out of Kathmandu without spending a cent. Crossing Pulteney Street we continued along Rundle Street to Macpac and Paddy Pallin. We both bought some socks to try in Macpac and Bernie bought some sale-priced merino trunks. We both came out of Paddy Pallin with some more socks to trial. If we like the fit and wearability we can buy more in the Melbourne stores.

We headed back to Meredith’s apartment and had a very lazy afternoon enjoying her spectacular view out towards Gulf St Vincent. With the sun heading towards the horizon it was time for the three of us to head down to the Saracens Head Hotel to meet up with Greg, Graeme and Robyn for dinner. We don’t catch up with this circle of friends often - with us living in Melbourne and them based in Adelaide – but they are always fun to spend time with. And the sort of people who it doesn’t matter how long it’s been between visits you just click straight away and pick up where you left off. Usually, an Adelaide visit is arranged around a Richmond vs Port football match, so it made a lovely change to spend time with them without anyone being invested in the outcome of the game. Not that the football wasn’t mentioned!!

We adjourned to Meredith’s apartment to indulge in the delicious Basque cheesecake that was purchased at the market this morning while enjoying the sparkle of the city lights from her balcony … and the lights that were Edithburgh according to Greg but more likely a cargo ship on the gulf in Meredith’s opinion?!



Steps: 12,171 (7.98kms)


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb