RTW Day 57 - Adelaide


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
April 13th 2018
Published: April 13th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Our last day in Australia. After a morning doing chores, we set off on for a busy afternoon, combining sightseeing with trying to photobomb all the old man’s pictures.

Adelaide is heaving. Apparently this has something to do with the crows versus the magpies. I have no idea what this means, but I’m guessing it has nothing to do with ornithology.

We work our way towards the city centre, starting where Australians worship; St Peter’s Cathedral and the Adelaide Oval. Then the state library, which had some interesting exhibits on war and democracy and the Migration Museum.

We stop for lunch at the food court in Rundle Mall. It’s bizarre that given dozens of options, so many people opt for KFC.

We round things off in Victoria Square, venue of the Taste Australia festival. It sounds like a good idea, but the wind has picked up and it’s obviously trendy to cook food on an open fire. Thus the square is full of smoke and it’s difficult to breathe.

We give up and catch the bus home. Only it’s not following the published route and heads unexpectedly in the wrong direction. We have to get off and try again. Second time lucky, we make it home just as the heavens open. The heatwave breaks in a huge storm hours before we’re due to leave Australia.

As we get ready for bed, a spider the size of a crab appears from behind the tv screen. We have to be up at 5 am for our flight and now a good night’s sleep is even less likely.








Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb