Adelaide and Kangaroo Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
June 3rd 2005
Published: June 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

we got to adelaide last sunday on the Ghan train - no mum! it was cold and fairly uncomfortable! but views were good and we had a nice sunset/rise. but apart from that!
we arrived early in morning sunday so just had a lazy day. on monday we were very cultured! and went to the art gallery and museum.
on tuesday we went on a 3 day tour to kangaroo island...3 guesses why its famous! we saw several kangas and lots of other wildlife - possums, pengins (little), seals and sea lions, koalas, galas, and we, by chance, happened to see some dolpins - once we saw 2 when we were waiting for the ferry across - they we just swimming and jumping in waves in a bay. second time was when we were looking at penguins. one swum under the jetty we were standing on. we did some walking etc. we also went surfing! in the rain...my feet went white they were so cold and numb, but it was really good and we stood on board a few times so that was good. we also went sand boarding on sand dunes (i think like you did katie)... and it rained! glad we're in australia. we ate kangaroo for dinner one night. its not like chicken either! (beefy-gamey). caught some crayfish but we too small to eat.
today we went to the coast on old fashioned tram to have another lazy day on beach and eat too much - no kanga today just cake!
going on a wine tasting tour tomorrow of the barossa valley, which should be good.
going to melbourne soon via great ocean road - prob another tour.
might try to go to tazmania depending on time available and weather - as freezing at moment.
but the neighbours set is calling..........................

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb