From Kununura to Alice


Advertisement
Published: May 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well here goes ... We have seen the following (summarising first few as have emailed with before):

Perth: visited king park and city. went south to bunbury and pemberton (karri forest). visited freemantle. swann river.

Kununurra: 3 day tour Bungles (Pernanlulu National Park), Kelly's Nob, Lake Arglye, Ord River and Crocs!!!

Katherine: Gorge(s) on a cruise, Cutta Cutta Caves (v humid), and Katherine Hot Springs (not hot so only dipped a toe)

Darwin: History Musuem, Lichfield day tour (waterfalls), Jumping Croc Cruise, Croc Farm (and zoo) and we had a Laksa!!! See if you can find out what that is ... and of course Darwin itself. One of the main highlights was the evening Mindil Beach Market. A real community event that had so many great stalls (food, nic naks etc)

Alice Springs: Uluru (ayers rock), Olgas (Kata Tjuta), Kings Canyon (all three in a tour). saw rock at sunset (a bit disappointing as cloud) and sunrise (great) and did a base walk round - we didnt climb as the aboriginies ask you not to - although quite a few people still do. we walked through the olgas and around kings canyon (starting with "heart attack hill" - v aptly named) both of which were stunning - views etc and i think we both prefered to uluru. we slept out under stars in swags (canvas bag with 'matress' in - actually v comfy considering) and had campfires. we ate camel for dinner one night. it tastes of beef (not chicken!) i wasnt bothered it was actualkly quite nice, and we'd just eaten part of a (cooked) witchetty grub - think 'i'm a celebrity'! After tour we hired a car and camping equipment and went to the West MacDonnells (lots of gorges, chasms) for 2 days. they're also really stunning. did lots of walks and managed to see all. had camp fire 1 night. also had a 'bit' of a helicopter ride over the west macs again - brilliant from the air. matt didnt feel v well but we had a good 20 mins up there. and i took quite a few photos.
today we go on the Ghan - train - to adelaide where we hope to go on a tour to kangaroo island etc. more then!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb