Into South Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide » Glenelg
December 10th 2007
Published: July 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Adelaide


After the Grampians we kind of went into hyper speed to Adelaide. But we did stop at Mt. Gambier to check out Blue lake, beautiful and very blue, and is actually there drinking water! Through robe we stopped for coffee at a funky little art shop, pirate style, then headed up to Beachport for the night. First we took a dip in the hyper saline Pool of Siloam where we floated around for awhile until we were completely swarmed by flies and chased away! The next night was spent in Kingston SE home to “Larry the Giant Lobster” but nothing much else. Next morning finally into Adelaide and once again we started looking for work and an apt . We stayed at the caravan park near glenelg beach. While there a friend of the couple we were traveling with came down and took us to penguin island (home to the tiniest penguins) where I am afraid we saw no penguins. But we did get to a very gorgeous house on the beach where they could watch dolphins frolic and whales splash by. We were all too polite to take advantage of the great food offered and sat nervously as none of us decided to clean our selves up that day but we still had a great time. After a lot of searching we found an apt and were so ready to make glenelg our home but once again the road called, and we kept traveling. But before we left we had a little celebration the night before with a good old friend called goon; if you don’t know goon is cheap wine that is actually filtered with fish heads and as you suspect tastes horrible! The next destination was Barossa Valley (wine country) which nobody was up to, due to nasty goon hangovers so we made it just out side of Adelaide on the outskirts of the Valley and got some much needed rest. The Barossa Valley was an awesome day and my first time wine testing. We definitely took advantage of all the free wine! We certainly learned a lot about wine. Before I could barely get a sip of wine down but now I am drinking with the best (almost!). My fav 2 hands wine, and marks was of course Penfolds and we both liked Jacobs Creek. Lois you definitely would have been proud of me!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb