Warrawong World


Advertisement
Published: May 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Just finished 2 weeks at Warrawong Wildlife Sanctuary. Had my own eco cabin in the forest with en-suite and electric blanket! Not much to do at night in an eco cabin in the middle of nowhere. The electric fence is designed to keep foxes out but it felt like i was on the wrong side of the fence after a while!

Got to do loads of cool stuff. Feed kangaroos, plant gum tree's in the rainforest and help out with the animal shows. Never held a 2.5 metre Python before or had a blue tongued lizard pee on me, but i have now!

Ive also tried a few local dishes here in Oz, kangaroo steak (bit like reindeer) and crocodile burgers (chewy). Was fed very well by Chef Brian at Warrawong and managed to work it off doing the daily fence walk checking for holes, round all 30 acres of it.

Went for a few leaving drinks with Max and Brenton last night. Tequila flowed and it got messy, lets just leave it at that!

Spent 4 days in Adelaide before going to Warrawong. Me and my dorm mate Heike tried to cycle to Brighton Beach, but after 13km i started to lose peddle power and settled for a picture in front of the Brighton Road signpost instead! We also went on a free tour of a chocolate factory and got to do a bit of product testing :0)

Oh and yes i currently have red hair. Bit of a hair dying disaster, tried to be corrected by my room mates Mia and Pia (not twins, total strangers!) with little success. Just have to wait for it to fade in 28 washes! Now where is my shampoo........


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



14th May 2010

Impressive
This all looks amazing. Holding the snake is pretty impressive. Looks you are having a great time girl.
14th May 2010

Favourite names
Can't decide my favourite name. Mia, Pia or Brenton. I think I'd also place Chef Brian in the running, but I think that's probably his occupation followed by his name so I wont incldue him.
14th May 2010

Red haired woman
Hiya Alice, i love getting your blogs- its such a relief from boring old brighton life and sounds like u r having an an amazing adventure. as for the red hair- it runs in our family and Hazel once died her brothers hair that colour-- thats another story !!! We miss you, but glad you having a good time. P xx
24th May 2010

Amazing
Hi Alice - it's great to receive your blogs, thanks so much for keeping us all up to date with your adventures and amazing pictures. Have fun !!

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb