Peregian, Coolum & Mudjimba, Queensland


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
November 10th 2013
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -26.4761, 153.097

10am breakfast at the Colley's favourite beach cafe (a French patisserie) at Coolum on the coast, about half an hour from their house. Then drove five minutes down the coast to Peregian for a walk along the beach. Peregian extends for miles with fine golden sand and good surf -we walked for a couple of miles and then collected our towels and swim costumes from the car to spend the day at the beach. The boys were straight in the sea with their body boards like big kids! The water temperature on the board was displayed at 22. I braved the water for all of five minutes because the waves were quite strong. We were in safe hands with lifeguards on hand as always between the red and yellow flags. Lynya and I then chilled in the chairs watching families playing in the sea. There were also about 20 kite surfers to keep us entertained who weaved their way from one end of the beach to the other. Tim sculpted a sand lizard and we all caught the sun! After a few hours we moved on to Mudjimba, a more local beach to where Lynya and Glen live. Had a latte in a nearby cafe and walked along the sand for a couple of hundred meters. The wind picked up with clouds gathering, so we made for home so that we could watch the storm from the verandah which overlooks a valley. The lightening strikes lit up the whole sky and were pretty amazing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb