Noosa Heads


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa Heads
November 11th 2013
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -26.3891, 153.105

Tim's dad Facetimed us at 4.30am, then an hour later and shortly after that again! Needless to say we were asleep and didn't pick up, although the ring tone woke us up! When Tim called him back he reminded his dad that we are ten hours ahead so although it was late afternoon in the UK was actually early morning the next day here! Later, much later, we went to Noosa Heads national park to walk a coastal route which skirted the bays and beaches for a few miles. It was very hot so we stopped for a couple of drink breaks, one in the park itself and one in the town of Noosa which is a tourist hotspot. Tim and I had a Monte Carlo biscuit with our pot of tea (yummy - like Viennese Whirls but not so buttery). The town was quite busy and consisted of a high street with lots of gift shops, but the beaches were sandy with gentle surf and lots of rocks pools. There was a boardwalk the full length of the various bays and inlets, with several holiday apartments opening directly on to the sand. Mid-afternoon we returned home for a cup of tea and sat on the verandah watching the various wildlife - today there were Butcher birds, geese, a Brush turkey in the garden, fruit bats and several other native birds. Oslo (Lynya's cat) spent half an hour stalking two geckos who were on the verandah ceiling, to no avail. We had dinner at a local pub and while we waited played Keno (between bingo and the lottery) where we paid one Oz dollar per game, chose four numbers between 1and 80. 20 numbers were then drawn automatically by the computer and the result was instantly displayed on a TV screen in the pub. We won back out original 5 dollar bet twice, reinvested it for the 'big' win, but like all gamblers finally lost.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb