Maryborough to Biloela


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
March 25th 2017
Published: March 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

IMG_0280IMG_0280IMG_0280

Breakfast at Gayndah
Thursday 16 March and we did a drive around Maryborough. The majority of the houses are of the old weatherboard Queensland type, some well maintained, others needing repair (in real estate speak, they would be described as "a renovator's delight"). We got the feeling Maryborough's population is in the older age group. There isn't a tertiary campus and this could mean the younger people leave town for tertiary education or work in larger towns. By afternoon, it was quite hot and humid again, so we have decided not to continue up the coast, and head home instead. We've heard there has been a good wet season up there and this would mean the weather will be cooler than during the Build Up season.

When we head off on our next trip, we will drive towards Queensland first. Queensland has been the last state we have travelled to in previous trips, and we simply get a bit tired and want to head home by the time we reach Queensland. We will be visiting family in Biloela on the way home.

Friday 17 March and onto Biloela. We drove inland going through small country towns such as Biggenden, Ban Ban Springs,
DSC_0011DSC_0011DSC_0011

QLD Heritage Park at Biloela
stopping at Gayndah to have breakfast. Gayndah is the oldest town established in Queensland. Onto Eidsvold and Monto arriving at Biloela mid afternoon. We enjoy driving the secondary highways and roads as it gives us a clearer picture of how the rural areas are going, drought-wise and economically. Such roads mean that travelling at 80kmph is the norm. For that reason we don't aim to travel a certain number of kms each day, it is the number of hours and we did no more that 5 hours a day.

We booked in at the Queensland Heritage Park which has an extensive agricultural history of Biloela.

Saturday 18 March and although there is no shade at the Park, there is plenty of space as there were only two other caravans and they left this morning. The Park has a 48 hour maximum stay. Did a short driving tour of Biloela and I headed off to have lunch with relatives who I hadn't seen in 20 to 30 years. It was a fantastic time with so much to catch up on. Biloela will be on our list when we are next in the region.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

IMG_0285IMG_0285
IMG_0285

Family at Biloela
IMG_0287IMG_0287
IMG_0287

Great fun with family


Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb