Broadwater on Richmond river camp one, Johhny Crim and the encounter with Slasher Man


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
May 13th 2012
Published: May 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After bidding farewell to family and friends, we finally hit the road for the start of our big adventure in our Freedom Machine and the beginning of our journey north to escape the winter chills, so come along with us in cyber space to share what will be for Bilbo and Basho the trip of a lifetime of experiencing and exploring life on the road, with the ever so many, who have taken to the great freedoms of the road to discovery.

We figured our first camp should not be too far from home, just in case we forgotten something, and to check everything is hunky dory, before we travel far into the great unknown. We arrived late afternoon, just down river from Coraki at Broadwater Rest Area, where johnny crim was hiding out in his car before the long arm of the law caught up with him and hauled him of to free accommodation in the big house, meanwhile Bilbo and Basho have a nervous nights one eye open sleep, waiting for johnnies crim mates to rock up and collect his car and terrorise innocent campers, ah... that must be us. Yes thankfully i am pleased to say we
still point at broadwater rest areastill point at broadwater rest areastill point at broadwater rest area

ah the serenity, before the arrival of slasherman
woke up with all body parts in tact and all goods and chattels present. We were keen to try out our new bait trap overnight for shrimp, pleased to say it worked well, with a dozen or so shrimp. Next trick is to try our luck, with our new fold up fishing rods on the Richmond river, scoreboard, Basho opens her account with 2 nice bream, Bilbo lucked lout and caught bits of wood and any other inanimate objects floating down river. The bream were done in coals on barbie with spuds, pumpkin and onions, Basho said I burnt the crap out of them but whats a bit of charcoal between 2 lucky people about to discover all that's good in the natural world.

Well that is until Slasher Man arrives with big slasher and begins to terrorises us because he thinks where freeloading on his planet and he's not happy, about us being happy so he wants to make us unhappy, to make him feel happy. Analyse that!!!! Well Neanderthal Slasher Man has turned up in his big slasher machine and has the entire rest area to slash, Basho and I were quickly packing up so he could Slash where we were, but no Neanderthal Larry must have seen my commie red tee shirt and decides to charge straight for the Freedom Machine, and slash/chuck sticks and stones and trys to break my bones, but his games will never hurt me. I tried to reason with this mono cell brained creature but to no avail, he just throws his arms in the air, walks away, shakes his head in disgust and then rips around the back of the van to where the unprotected solar panels are. So Bilbo and Basho quickly pack every thing up, to escape the imminent wrath of Neanderthal Slasher man.

On a more cheery sombre note, we did have a welcoming committee of a band of avarian brothers in the form of the Rainbow Roosters. Sadly there numbers dwindled every night by one, until sadly there was but one lonesome rooster, doing well to avoid Johhny the Fox from inviting him home to dinner.

Well to all our dear friends and family, stay tuned for the next instalment on our gr8 trip, when we head off to the mouth of the Richmond river at Ballina, until then cheers, love Bilbo and Basho.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

barby magic at broadybarby magic at broady
barby magic at broady

tess hooks them and i cook them, or burn the crap out of them


Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0213s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb