Port Douglas, the Daintree and Cape Trib revisited


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
July 24th 2010
Published: August 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

23rd July: Decided to revisit Cape Tribulation, where we have not been since 1996! It hasn’t changed much, although now the road is tarred all the way. We revisited our campsite at Noah’s Beach - it’s now a bit more regimented, although still National Park controlled. It’s been fenced on the beach side - to stop the big goannas wandering in?? or maybe the crocodiles! What we remembered as a long boardwalk to the Cape Trib lookout was surprisingly short. I think it has been altered - shall have to check my 1996 diary. We walked the beach at Cape Trib and decided that (leaving aside the changes just mentioned) the place can’t have altered very much in 200 years - there is surprisingly little in the way of man-made additions to the landscape (that you can see, anyway). Did a couple of rainforest boardwalks, which were very good, and then the rain began to set in so we decided to head back to Port Douglas via Daintree village for lunch. Still raining gently when we got back to the van park.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.282s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb