airlie, megnetic island, mission beach, cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
April 16th 2009
Published: April 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

the whitsunday island trip was amazing. so many beautiful things. we did some snorkling and went to white haven beach which is 99% silica (i think). i loved sailing. i met lots of great people and had alot of fun. i got back to airlir beach and went to the lagoon there for the next cuple days that i was there. the weather was beautiful! i headed to megnetic island on friday for 2 nights. coincidently the full moon party was that night at my hostel. i met a girl from sweden who was in my room. we went to dinner and had some drinks.... too many and by the time we got to the full moon party we were ready for bed. the next day i wasnt up for doing too much so we lounged around the pool. on sunday i caught the bus to mission beach. mission beach was very small. i met an irish guy who wanted to rent a car and drive around to paranella park and the jungle there so i decided to go as well. on wednesday the 8th i was supposed to go skydiving but the weather was awful. me and the skydiving people and 2 girls that had also shared a room with me in melbourne played uno and talked until 12 when the jump was called off. i told them i would return the next day to jump. thursday the weather cleared up for a bit and i got to jump at 11 oclock. it was amazing! i got a video of it. the rest of the week i spent there wasnt such good weather so i mostly read and watched movies. friday i ran into guys that i had shared a room with in st kilda and also saw in airlie beach. they told me they were working at scottys. saturday nigth i went to scottys the backpacker bar and ran into the skydiving guys and hung out with them all night unfortunatly i didnt see the guys that i had met in st kilda. sunday (easter) i went to cairns. the weather was still really rainy. on wednesday i went on a boat trip to the upolo cay and did snorkling and tried scuba diving. it was incredible. i saw a reef shark, turtles, sting rays, and lots of fish, even nemo. on monday i am going on a tour to cape tribulation.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb