Whitsundays to Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
March 8th 2009
Published: March 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After Fraser it was off to Airlie beach for our next trip which was a boat trip around the Whitsundays Islands. We were a bit worried as the weather in the area had been bad following a cyclone that had hit a few weeks before. As it turned out we were very lucky and had the first day of sunshine that had been seen for weeks. We stayed two nights on the boat and during the day went snorkelling, James went diving, and stopped at a couple of islands. The islands were very picturesque and we were so happy that the sun shone for us!

After leaving Airlie beach we went to Magnetic Island for two nights. The island was beautiful, although a little quiet as it was their slow time of the year because of the wet season. Again, we had amazing weather. Here we visited a Koala Park where we got to hold a baby crocodile, a big parrot, lizards, a python snake and a Koala! The koala was so cute although surprisingly heavy and very smelly! We also did a couple of walks on the island and went to a lovely waterfall where we had a dip.

After this we headed up to Cairns for 3 days. Our first day there we took a boat trip to the great barrier reef. James did a scuba dive which was his best dive so far. He saw two reef sharks and a sea turtle, aswell as all the amazing bright coral. Hayley stuck to snorkelling but also found it amazing, the colours of the fish and the coral were absolutely stunning and it was an amazing experience for us both. We hired out a car for the day also and drove up to Cape Tribulation and the Daintree Rainforest. We took a boat ride down the Daintree river and saw a crocodile on the river bank! We also visited Mossman Gorge which was lovely, we had a swim but the water was freezing!

Then it was time to say goodbye to Australia and fly to New Zealand. We had an amazing 3 months in Australia and made some great friends and had some very memorable times.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Crikey!! Its a croc!!Crikey!! Its a croc!!
Crikey!! Its a croc!!

James holding a crocodile on Magnetic island.
Koala BearKoala Bear
Koala Bear

Hayley holding a koala bear, but he smelt at the time, give off his man scent to the female koalas, catlow was well impressed!! Ha!!
WaterfallWaterfall
Waterfall

Heres James trying to do a Peter Andre under the waterfall, but with a better body.
Daintree RiverDaintree River
Daintree River

Here's a crocodile hiding behind the log while we cruised down the River.


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb