19th January - Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
January 19th 2009
Published: January 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi all!

Went to the Koala Sanctuary today - WOW! Was brilliant, lots of Koalas there (obviously! 130 to be precise) as well as Kangaroos which we fed, Barn animals including baby chicks which we held - so cute!, Crocodiles, Dingos, Wombats, Tasmanian Devils and lots more! Best bit was definitely cuddling a Koala called Gandolf : ) he was gorgeous and a lot heavier than we expected. Not amused when he started doing a number 2 but luckily that was between Libby and me holding him - phew! see pics...
Really good day at the Sanctuary, can't believe how close you get to the Kangaroos and Koalas! We also saw a joey so cute! Got very close to an Emu who was definitely following us around the Kanagroo area...kept my eyes on him!
After leaving the sanctuary we drove down the Pacific highway to Surfers Paradise swapping halfway so we both drove. Driving along the M1 and reaching the Gold Coast is definitely better than driving down the M1 and reaching Nottingham!!! Surfers Paradise is amazing! Found a campsite to park up in and connected up to the power and made fajitas for dinner! yum yum : ) Off out now to look around and see what the nightlife is like...tomorrow will be a lazy day on the beach : )

xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb