I went in the sea


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
November 21st 2008
Published: November 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Its been a while but we have been very busy! The four nights in Noosa were brilliant, we just chilled out at the beach or by the river. I also went on the least successful fishing trip ever. I caught no fish and then the box of hooks and weights got blown into the river, great.
The next stop was Rainbow Beach for the trasfer over to Fraser Island. It is a bit of a non event really and the hostel kitchen was rank so not much to write home about really ( i realise the irony of that).
Fraser Island was amazing. We went on a guided tour because one of us didn't want to go camping - i'll let you guess which. But it turned out the probably be much better because we got to see much more of the Island and got all the information and anecdotes relating to the Island and its history. It is basically the world's biggest sand island with loads of lakes on it, a rainforest and 75 mile beach that is the main motorway! On the first day within a few hours we got sized up by a dingoe, saw a huge dead turtle on the beach and climbed a bit rock to get a great few of the whole place. The rest of the trip was just as good and I got to see and army of crabs, i'm talking about maybe 300 crabs all together and when you approached them they just disappeared into the sand, it was amazing. Jem wasn't such a fan tho. Another highlihgt was the lakes, espacially lake wabby which you could only reach by trekking acorss sand dunes, and then you could body board down sand dunes into the lake. Then another lake with red water, it looked a like massive cup of tea and this was brilliant as well. To top ot off the food was great on the tour and the dorms were actually pretty good so it was a great three days!
The next stop was Agnes water 1770 which was really nice. The hostel was really relaxed and clean and the people there were great to chat to. It was here we did the scootoroo tour which was a 3 hour tour on mini harley chopper style scooters. They went pretty fast (75km an hour) and it was great fun, we stopped off to look at wild kangaroos and also to watch the sunset.
That brings us to now, the Whitsundays. We have just finished a 3 days tour on a 92ft, 100 year old, pirate ship. It was incredible. I can't really do justice to the scenery but i'll try and get the photos up soon! But I can tell you I went snorkelling and did loads of rope swings off the boat into the open ocean! Admittedly I didn waste my time getting back to the boat but it was still great fun. The food was amazing and the people were pretty cool so I have had a great past 3 days!! Next step is heading up to Cairns tonight (over night bus - yay). We have a proper snorkelling trip booked out to the outer reef and hopefully a visit to a crocodile farm!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb