Sydney to Noosa


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
November 7th 2008
Published: November 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I just ran out of time on the internet but it still works so thought i'd use it to do another travel blog!!

I know what you are wondering, did we go to cheeky monekys? Unfortunately our hostel had no real atmosphere and no one went out so we saved ourselves for the following night in surfers paradise. We arrived at surfers and the weather was pretty miserable so the beach was a no go so we just had a walk around and then chilled out in the hostel which was actually pretty nice. The night out was pretty funny. We joined in a group playing drinking games, they were about 18 and quick frankly their inexperience showed and I had to continuously take socials just to keep myself going. We then headed out, had a decent night, Jem brought me prridge in bed and then a boost smoothie.
The next stop was Brisbane and we weren.t expecting a great deal from what we had heard but to be honest we were still pretty disppointed on arrival!! The hostel didn't look too bad but we were given our room key and basically told our room was on the roof, we didn't think anything of it. When we got to the room it was literally on the roof and the size of a double bed. With no'shared bathroom' in sight other than a floor down (the walk involved walking along the roof) Jem went to complain. It worked we got a much better room on the third floor although it did have the most disgusting bed sheet design. Ans also the mens showers were absolutely terrible and I had to use the disabled toilet shower which was far too low and cold but atleast I could vaguely clean myself. Apart form the hostel Brisbane wasn't too bad. We went to the man made beach and it was a gorgeous day, we then went to possibly the best part of Brisbane, fun house. Effectively an arcade centre but it was cheap and loads of fun. Jem played a spider stomping game on level medium and won 4 tickets. You needed atleast 5 tickets to claim a prize.
That brings us up to date. We are now Noosa (clues in the title), and it is really gorgeous. The hostel is clean, much more chilled out and I can have a warm shower whilst standing up, it truely is paradise. We have four days here and then an action packed finale which involves me snorkelling.....in the sea......did i mention we saw 2 sharks about 10 metres from the shore at the beach today........i'll let you know how it goes!!
A bientot.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb