My Oz Arrival


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
March 30th 2008
Published: March 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Firstly, scrubs fans may have noticed my blogs now have scrub episode type titles!

So here I am, sat in a nice little study, in a very nice house in the suburb of Connolly, Joondalup, about 30km north of perth. Arrived in at 2am Sat morning, to typically, be picked to be completely searched...could i have been more annoyed at that time! Forgot to declare chocolate and marmelade, but thankfully they let me off, and found nothing else so off i went (in your face guy who thought i looked dodgy!!!). Got a bus to the hostel where i duly paid my outstanding fee, and went straight to bed, though not without fumbling around in the dark for fear of waking up others...think i might have to care less when i hit east coast!

Slept for about 5hours, before getting up, checking out and wandering down into Perth city centre. Had a little walk about, and found the vodafone shop, but my stupid mobile is locked to other sim cards, so will work on that and hopefully have cheaper texts/calls sometime this week. Eventually found where i was meeting the mckays, and just chilled in sun until they arrived. When they did, we hopped straight into the car and headed back to their place. Immediately went for a walk with the boys to get some rolls, and let me tell you:
1)so happy to speak to people again!
2)so nice to be woalking in open spaces and see more greenery!

Having had lunch, the boys, Neil, and I, packed up some beach stuff and they took me to two beaches. Sooo nice. The sea is perfectly clear, though a little cold(!) and the beaches are gorgeous, with some beatiful coastline as well. The first beach we just swam in the sea, and then on the second we played some rugby and tag, always a good laugh. Went back to theirs and had a swim in the pool, before enjoying an evening of sport and BBQ. Josh introduced me to both AFL, and NRL, which i will happily explain to you all one time if you like! The BBQ was cool, and we even had marshmallows on sticks, always good. Then stayed up for a bit watching sports highlights, before going to bed, in a nice double bed, in a cool room, with no outside noise...brilliant!

Was woken up by their noise this morning, though to be honest i didnt care. Dougie the youngest stuck his head in at about 9, so i got up. Had some cheerios, kindly bought by Elke, having found out i like them, and then played some guitar hero with the boys, and finished our game of battleships from the night before. We all then went down (some of us biked) to see Findley play football. After his game, we packed up and all went up the coast a bit to a really cool beach where we had a BBQ, using a public BBQ and eating in like a pogoda thing, and then hit the beach. Some friends of their met us there, and they were good fun. Had a good old swim in the sea, and swam out to some submerged rocks, though no goggles to enjoy the fish. Left the beach about half 4 and again came back for a swim. Josh and I then went to church, which was really cool, bit like a youth service but bigger.

Got back and had some toast before just watching TV. Rang up and spoke to Belles using a phone card they have, and also quickly spoke to Alice and Emily, please dont complain, I knew theyd appreciate it most! Everyone went to bed by half 9, so i came on here and will now go watch some TV. Off to do things alone again tomorrow, but its nice knowing I will come back to people in the evening!

Quick note, to certain people who have promised me e-mails, where are they! But also, to those people texting (some of which are the e-mail people!) thankyou SO much and keep them coming, miss you all lots! Bye for now!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



31st March 2008

calls and dog walks
hey you .... what a bad time to go dog walking...and what a nightmare having to manage 3 dogs , 2 who kept running off to eat the fishermans lunch along corton beach !!!! anyway girls thrilled to hear from you although i hear there was lots of silliness as we had eleanor and emma over ...lots of giggling ! oh well girls will be girls ! Oz sounds great ! looking forward to reading lots more ... x

Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb