The Countryside!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
January 8th 2008
Published: January 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi there! Just a sunday afternoon spin with Nik and her mum through the countryside...! It was a very rainy day and as Nik already told me before I came over is that all Australians do is talk about the rain or rather the lack of water or rather how high it is now or rather how dry the creeks are or rather how some one saw water run through a certain stream that used to be known as the cement garden, haha... So because it was raining they insisted on me to go see the Dam... And so we did, we ended up driving the whole afternoon through the hills and mountains. It was beautiful!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Beautiful view!Beautiful view!
Beautiful view!

It's so green everywhere! And that's because they've had a lot of rain this year. Normally it's dry and brown! Aren't I lucky...
The Dam!The Dam!
The Dam!

The water used to be much higher, so it's about time it starts raining...
Birdspotting!Birdspotting!
Birdspotting!

Because Mo is a birdspotter by nature, I'm spotting birds for him in Australia. Mo?? Aren't these beautiful?!!
Soooo misty!!Soooo misty!!
Soooo misty!!

Up the mountain with our heads in the clouds...
We live here too!We live here too!
We live here too!

They still live here in the wild! Kangaroos and Koalas. Not that we've seen them of course, but I've been to places where I've seen dead kangaroos alongside the road. Not a pretty sight, I must say! So drive carefully...


12th January 2008

Hey Evi, i love your stories and photo's. Greetz, Diana xxx

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb