Fraser Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
January 7th 2008
Published: January 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Nice people!Nice people!Nice people!

Sven, Minsu, Linzy, Miho and me...!
Hey there!!

Finally I'm back on a computer with faster internet and I think I can get some pics on it. So...as some of you know I went to Fraser Island and it was BEAUTIFUL as they say here, so typically!
We had lots of fun playing in the sand, lots of that, because it's the biggest sand isle in the world. That's also what broke down my camera (but it's fixed now, don't worry), so I got some pics from my co-travellers. Thanks again mates!!
We swam in lakes and met up with turtles. We went to some aboriginal sites, for example where the young boys go to become a man. It's sacred and it has certainly that feel to it.
We walked a long way over the sand dunes and on the way the guide gave several people a hand full of sand to carry to the top. At the top everyone had to throw it on the ground next to each other and it showed how many colours of sand we came across walking there. The sand is blown over the fields from the shore and covers all the trees. Only the tops you could see above
Smiling as usual!Smiling as usual!Smiling as usual!

We had to do a bit of a mountain climb from the first lake visit. If you look through the woods you can see it in the background.
the sand, still green. But if you looked back, all the rotten wood came up again and turned the sand black.
Also we went to Indian head, a big rock formation and climbed to the top. Very good viewing point to see sharks, rays, turtles or in the right season even whales (shame, it was just over...).
At night we had a pool competition in which I played very well!! And we went to the beach to do some stargazing, but it was too cloudy.
I met some very nice people and the day after we met up and had dinner together at Minsu and Linzys' house. Lots of fun assured again!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

There it is...There it is...
There it is...

BEAUTIFUL! Very warm water, you could see the turtles stick their necks out of the water.
Stuck in the sand!Stuck in the sand!
Stuck in the sand!

The beach is used as a road and of course we had to travel around the tides. Sometimes it doesn't work, you're just to late...
The dunesThe dunes
The dunes

Almost every walk we had to do to get some where, we had to climb the dunes. And some were very high!!
Sand coloursSand colours
Sand colours

After a walk to the top, all the collected colours of sand...
Indian HeadIndian Head
Indian Head

When the island was discovered, the aboriginals were waiting at this point, holding their spears. The foreigners thought they were Indians, hence the name...
View from the top!View from the top!
View from the top!

BEAUTIFUL! I saw my first shark from this point! And even against all warnings there were still some people down there going into the water...
The wreck!The wreck!
The wreck!

I forgot the name of this wreck, but it's a Titanic-kind-of-ship. It's buried in the sand, in fact there are 5 stories down the sand!! Imagine...
RainforestRainforest
Rainforest

A lot of rainforest and so...a lot of mosquitoes! And other animals, we saw a large fat eel down the stream and wonderful birds and did you know a rainforest is determined one by the amount of sunlight that gets through? Every forest below 20% sunlight is a rainforest!
Love is everywhere!Love is everywhere!
Love is everywhere!

Mo! I miss you!


8th January 2008

full of adventures
hello my dearest traveller ..am looking forward to seeing you for some more fun and unseen surprises in thailand anne arrives tomorrow so i will meet her @ the airport take care and keep smiling..love always - Ninja Bim xx
12th January 2008

Hello there!!!
He Hello, its nice to hear from you. It seems you have a great time. Have fun and lets keep in touch. Big kiss and hugs, Diana

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb