And the morale of the story is...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
December 9th 2007
Published: December 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

...don’t wear your husband’s ring on your 2nd finger while he is out having a swim and you are on the beach, and then decide to throw a football to him in the water. Bad idea. I’m sure you can guess what followed the football into the water. Never to be found again. Well, by us anyway. Think I did see a dolphin swim off wearing it on his nose.

We were at Bribie Island, just north of Brisbane when this happened. We went up to meet Brett’s cousin Mick and his wife Nicky, for their daughter Madison’s 1st birthday. Brett’s other cousin Corey, his wife Val and their son Hayden also came. And we were picking up the surprise guests at the Brisbane airport on the way through, Shelly and Dennis (Mick and Corey’s parents). It didn’t turn out to be that big of a surprise when Mick and Nick clued in that morning when they didn’t get a birthday phone call from Shell that something was up. We all had a really good weekend, well besides the ring incident and the car that drove into Mick and Nick’s parked car (and about 5 others) while we were at the beach. It was a weekend full of happy hours, barbequing, fishing, humid and hot weather, bats (called flying foxes), white tail spiders (which thankfully I didn’t see) and various other critters. It was really good to see everyone, and the plan is to all meet up again in February for a week in Coffs Harbour.

We are now back in Byron Bay for 3 days, and then heading to Crescent Head for a week before heading down to the Gong for Christmas. Waves are pretty non existent in Byron right now (and the sharks are still being spotted), but supposed to pick up Thursday, so hopefully it's better where we are headed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Maddy's 1st BirthdayMaddy's 1st Birthday
Maddy's 1st Birthday

Mick and Nicky and Madison at Nicky's mom's place.
Nan (Shelly), Maddy and BrettNan (Shelly), Maddy and Brett
Nan (Shelly), Maddy and Brett

Just moments before all the cars got smashed.
Nicky, Madison and Mick (Brett's cousin)Nicky, Madison and Mick (Brett's cousin)
Nicky, Madison and Mick (Brett's cousin)

Note the scotch in Maddy's drink holder - they like to start them early here in Oz!


Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0728s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb