Saturday June 26, 2010


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Yeppoon
June 30th 2010
Published: June 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We were up at 5 today and lucky us the weather looked gorgeous outside. Today was also the day we had to move out of the rental home, so we had to make sure everything was packed into the car before we left for good. The boat was over the other house, so we stopped there and dropped everything off. We headed to the marina, about a half hour drive, got the boat in the water and headed out. The first thing that I noticed was that the swells were really high and secondly the area is much different than Airlie Beach. Here, we don’t have the reef and as many islands protecting the channel so the water is very murky and the sea is really rough. About an hour of slow motoring later Daniele pulled the plug and we turned the boat around. We tried to head out to one of the farther islands for a bit of swimming, but the ocean was too strong even for that. Daniele pulled out the gun for a bit and had a bit of target practice and calibrated the gun. In Airlie Beach we used Guido’s gun as Daniele’s was brand new and he hadn’t calibrated it yet. Back at the marina we headed north for a bit, but lack of dolphins and high swells turned us around yet again. We headed in and tied the boat up and had lunch. After lunch we were hoping we could go back out, but no dice, so we loaded the boat on the trailer and headed home. The boat was unpacked and while the girls and I put stuff away and cleaned and organized the new house a bit Daniele returned the key for the rental home. For the rest of the afternoon we lounged around, set up the rooms and got the place ready for the rest of the season. Anna was outside getting some sun when a wicked cool bug landed on her! I think he is either really poisonous or pretending to be, either way the colors are amazing! In the evening Anna and I went to the grocery store. The truck has been giving us trouble lately, so I opened the hood and threatened surgery on it and it started right up, go figure. We made a kick-ass stir fry with veggies, peanuts, chicken rice and teryaki sauce - YUM! The girls are flying out tomorrow, so they packed a bit and we watched a movie. We are also heading out on the water tomorrow, so hopefully it’s a nice day!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0746s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb