Friday June 25, 2010


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Yeppoon
June 26th 2010
Published: June 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Woke up this morning and Daniele headed off early to Gladstone to get some errands done. There is some bird in the area that has a call that sounds like someone is whistling, so I want to try and figure out what it is because it is such a cool sound. The girls and I lounged around for a bit, and as the weather was gorgeous we decided to walk to town. It is a bit of a distance, but we had nothing better to do, so we got ready then headed out. The walk wasn’t bad, and the scenery is much different than Airlie Beach. The area is more hilly and where there is not houses there are mangroves or parks. We walked around Yeppoon center for a bit, stopping into different shops here and there. After a few hours we walked back and had lunch. I was going to go swimming, but the pool was pretty cold, so I chickened out. I got a ton more work on the photo ID catalogue and Anna helped me; it was really nice having a second set of eyes. Daniele got back pretty late. Apparently his meetings went well, he picked up the other bed and brought it to the house and set up his biopsy gun. The plan is to go out on the water tomorrow, so he had to work on getting all of the equipment ready. Bolognaise was on the menu for dinner, my favorite! Hopefully tomorrow is a good day on the water.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb